'NWTS-NLTR400' in Istanbul, Turkey
| 2012-12-07 10:00:04
DECEMBER 4 2012:
NTWS & SINOPALE @ SIEMENS SANAT ISTANBUL
Following the 'Now Wakes The Sea' artists in residencies and presentations at Sinop (TR) and The Hague (NL) Satellietgroep cordially invites you to the talks, opening and exhibition at Siemens Sanat Istanbul: Meclis-i Mebusan Cad no. 45.
Exhibition: Dec 4, 2012 - Jan 25, 2013; open every day including Christmas.
TALKS ON DECEMBER 4 STARTING AT 17.00:
'COASTAL TRANSISTIONS ARE SUBJECTIVE TRANSITIONS -
What can arts achieve that policy makers can't?'
The program reflects on the cultural collaboration of Satellietgroep (NL)-‘Now Wakes The Sea – NLTR400’ and European Cultural Association/Europist (TR)-‘Sinopale 4’ during the celebration of 400 years relationship The Netherlands-Turkey in 2012.
Moderator: Mürteza Fidan. Guestspeakers: Jacqueline Heerema, Ronald Boer (Satelllietgroep/NWTS), Mahir Namur, Melih Görgün (European Cultural Association/Europist/Sinopale), Rüya Arzu Köksal & Aydin Kudu (guides and filmmakers on the Black Sea region), Bahanur Nasya & Yilmaz Vurucu ( artists in residence at Sinop for NWTS, filmmakers of 'The Sea in Me') and Asu Aksoy (curator IABR Making City).
FOLLOWED BY THE OPENING ON DECEMBER 4 AT 19:00:
Opening by Daniel Stork, Cultural Attaché for the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Turkey. Exhibiion with the presentation of the conceptual works produced by Maurice Bogaert, the Turkish premiere of the documentary 'The Sea in Me' by Bahanur Nasya & Yilmaz Vurucu, framed in the context of a special duo film program with Turkish and Dutch contributions by artists and filmmakers.
Hosts: Satellietgroep, European Cultural Association/Europist & Siemens Sanat Istanbul: www.sinopale.org | www.siemens.com.tr
Talks reflecting the cultural collaboration and works.
Opening by Daniel Stork, Cultural Attaché for the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Turkey.
Turkish premiere of the documentary 'The Sea in Me' by Bahanur Nasya & Yilmaz Vurucu. Photo's: Rob te RIet.
EXHIBITION DUO FILM PROGRAM DEC 4 - JAN 25:
1.'The Sea In Me- İçimdeki Deniz' by Bahanur Nasya & Yilmaz Vurucu, 2012 - 60’
2.‘The Dome -The Cone of Silence' by Eliane Esther Bots, 2012 - 16’51
3. ‘Drum Kit’ - Zeger Reyers, 2004 - 8’49
4.‘Shore Scene Soundtrack’ by Cevdet Erek, 2006 - 5’18
5. ‘Dichter bij de zee – Nearer the Sea’ by Barbara Hanlo, 1993 - 26’
6. 'Bu Sahilde – on the Coast’ by Merve Kayan & Zeynep Dadak, 2009 - 21’46
7. 'Departure Bay’ by Aram Tanis & Jacolijn Verhoef, 2011 - 9’13 min
8. ‘The Shore - Son Kumsal’ by Rüya Arzu Köksal & Aydın Kudu, 2008 - 56'
9. ‘Koloss’ by Kees Bolten, 1989 - 45’
10. 'Artist in Residence/Guest Worker - Konuk Sanatçı/Misafir İşçi', Maurice Bogaert, 2012 -6’23 +'Everything Will Be Beautiful - Her şey Harika Olacak' , Maurice Bogaert, 2012 : 1’28 + 2’48 min
11. ‘Ecumonopolis - City Without limits’ by Imre Azem, 2011 – 93’
12. ‘Tijdelijk verblijf - Scheveningen: tragic mistake or renewed icon?’ by BNA, 2007– 39’25
With special thanks to all participating artists and filmmakers, the coastal communities of The Hague and Sinop, our Turkish cultural partner European Cultural Association/Europist, Siemens Sanat, Museon, Gemak, Turks Museum Nederland, Wander, SICA, SfA, ECF, the Dutch Embassy in Turkey, the municipality of The Hague.